Sunday, November 25, 2012

Urban Safari

"Oh my god, Cheech, there's another cat in the house!"

It was a weird day yersterday - warm, but cold, and very windy.  The blinds in the bedroom always shake around like crazy when the wind is up, because we keep the windows cracked a few inches.  So it was not unusual at all for a lot of noise to be coming from the area.  Maybe 15 minutes later, there was a commotion in the hallway.  Our three cats were acting strange and restless, and fighting amongst each other.  This was a little more unusual.  They fight, but only in pairs - I couldn't remember a Wrestlemania like this between all three at once ever happening.  Still, it was just our cats fighting in the hall, no biggie.  My wife broke it up, and we went on with our lives.  Then, she had to use the bathroom, and when she came out, glanced into the bedroom.

"Oh my god, Cheech, there's another cat in the house!"  So I speedily (Ha!) hefted my ass off the couch and investigated.  I wish I had gotten a picture, but what I saw was very much like this, except with far more dirty drawers on the bed.  A beautiful, big, fully black male cat just totally chillin' on the bed.  "Hey, big guy, how ya doin'?!"  Very friendly-like, I slowly reached out, he let me scratch his head, and I knew he was fairly tame.  I told my wife to go knock on the neighbors' doors and ask if anyone lost a cat, while I stayed with him.  As she was opening the door, there was a dude walking down the hall with his son.  Our new upstairs neighbors, the ones with the bowling alley, or possibly piano moving business, operating out of their 500-square-foot apartment above our heads.  Kitty got out onto the fire escape and found a nice warm bed one floor down, it seems.

I'm considering some demotions among our feline security force, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment