Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cognitive Dissonance

I've mentioned before that I've lost a significant amount of weight recently. I still have quite a way to go, but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is wearing non-plain T-shirts. It kills me deep in my soul that I feel this way - I am the type of person who very actively shies away from attention. But goddammit, I miss my old concert shirts! I have maybe a couple dozen from back in (gulp) the late 80s and early 90s - shit that hipsters buy replicas of these days - old AC/DC, Aerosmith, Ramones, etc. I have a killer shirt from Poison's first national tour, circa 1987, that would probably make these guys cream in their corduroys.

Remember those places where you could buy sort-of-custom-made T-shirts on demand? Probably not, but I'm old, and I remember. The walls would be literally covered from floor to ceiling with designs like these. You'd go in, pick a color and size, and spend an hour browsing the cool designs looking for the best one. When you made your choice, the guy would actually iron the design onto your shirt right there! How fucking cool is that? I'd love to be able to wear this :
without wanting to blow my own fucking brains out. But that's just not possible in these trying times of high douchebaggery.

No comments:

Post a Comment