Saturday, December 15, 2012

Comcast = Stupid People

Sorry for the strong language in the title.  If any of my young nieces are reading this, I apologize for using a bad word like "stupid." to describe the people at Comcast.  But really, they are complete fucking morons.

I've been watching less TV lately, ever since this internet thing has arrived on the scene.  But make no mistake, I am a fan of television, as is my wife.  We don't have much "appointment viewing," but she definitely loves to watch, among a few other pet shows, "Project Runway."  What can I say? That's a stop on her journey through life, and I'll try not to judge her for it.  Point is, she has a DVR subscription to record the show weekly, and our DVR recently shit the bed.  I called Comcast, from whom we receive cable, internet, and phone service, explained the problem, and set up an appointment for (IIRC) the next day, for a technician to come and examine the box, and either repair or replace it.  Four hour time window, from noon to 4 PM.

Now, I know you, and you're pretty smart.  You're thinking, "I see, the technician will be late, or not show up, leading to an angry Cheech Arone!"  You're right - the technician never showed, and Mrs. Arone had to schlep her ass downtown to pick up a box in person the next day, since her show was on, and all appointment slots were taken for that day.  Major clusterfuck.  But that's not the issue.

After the four hour window expired, I gave a fifteen-minute courtesy window, and then called Comcast.  They said that they called to confirm the appointment several times that morning and afternoon, and got no response, so they cancelled the appointment.

"But, wait a minute!  I've been here all day, and the phone hasn't rung once!"

"I'm sorry sir, that's what the paperwork says."

"What number did they call?"

"(559) 564-ABCD."

"What?  No, That's the number from when we lived in East Bumblefuck, four hours away from here."

"What is the new phone number, sir?"

"Wait, what?  The new phone number?  We've lived here for five years.  You installed our cable, and you need our phone number?  Wait a minute, DON'T YOU PROVIDE OUR PHONE SERVICE??  Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I'm sorry, sir.  What's the new number?"

And the angels wept.

No comments:

Post a Comment